Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Compassion Requires Action!

   John 5:19, Jesus gave them this answer: “Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does."

   Compassion requires action. I am always, constantly calling you to action. Even patiently listening for My still voice requires an action on your part; developing a calm, still spirit in My presence. Allow My action and compassion for the world to awaken and stir your soul to movement, to action from My heart to yours. Move with compassion, move with grace, but move in the direction that My heart moves you. Do you see My Son reaching out to heal, then you reach out your hand to the sick, the afflicted. Do you see My Son extending grace, then you extend grace to others. Do you see My Son offering forgiveness, then you extend that same forgiveness to others. When you see My Son move then you move. Seeing My Son always will require an action on your part; either in solitude, when you spend time in My presence, or action; when you move when you see the Son move.
Action is always required.
Get going.
Your Father.

1 comment:

Jessica M said...

I love the message of this post and agree with it. One quote that I has touched me and applies to your message is this:

"No man has a right to lead such a life of contemplation as to forget in his own ease the service due his neighbor; nor has any man a right to be so immersed in active life as to neglect the contemplation of God."
~ Augustine of Hippo

It's important to have a balance of the two.

~blessings