Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Psalm 23 reflections: The Lord is my shepherd, Part 1

Reflections on the 23rd Psalm: "The Lord is my shepherd"
The Lord is my shepherd, that means I'm not in charge. I'm not leading the way, I am a sheep. I am a follower of the Shepherd (Jesus). I trust in the direction of my shepherd and his will for my life. I must learn to recognize the voice of my master in the dark when I can't see his leading. I must trust in his commandments. My shepherd knows the way and path that I must take because he has traveled down the path before me. He knows how to toughen my feet and fortitude for the upcoming journey. Their may be false shepherd voices in my life calling me to false paths and destinations but I must learn to follow and recognize my shepherd's voice and leading. My shepherd cares for me and he has loved me enough to lay down and sacrifice his life for mine. I and the shepherd are one and I love my shepherd. My shepherd loves me, cares for me, and is intently conerned with my well-being.
Questions:
Have I acknowledged my need for a shepherd (Jesus)?
Have I allowed my shepherd, Kingship and Lordship in my life?
Have I allowed any false shepherds (the world, false thoughts, etc...) to distract me this week?
Meditation:
Chief Shepherd, I acknowledge you as Lord and Shepherd in my life. I trust in the way you are leading me. I trust in your leadership and guidance in my life. I purposely tune out any false voices in my life (false thoughts, media, t.v., people, etc...) that try to distract me from your voice and from the path you have laid out for me to journey.

No comments: