Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, August 1, 2011

What I need to understand...

   What I need to understand is a forgiveness that transcends that time, understanding, and human reason. A forgiveness that was purchased through blood in the name of love for me. A love that requires my willingness to exchange my wrongs in exchange for One that committed no wrong but willingly gave up life and blood for a relationship with me. Such a love seems beyond human reasoning and intellect but is just as real and concrete as me. A love that harbors no resentment and keeps no record of wrongs suffered, of sins committed, but instead sees me pure, forgiven, and clothed in a wonderful place of grace and love. This is a love I commit to understand with my frail, human reasoning.
   Ephesians 1:7, He is so rich in kindness and grace that he purchased our freedom with the blood of his Son and forgave our sins.
   1 Corinthians 13: 4-5, Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

3 comments:

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Beautiful! We may not always understand the love and peace that passes all understanding, but we know it exists, we know it has been given, we know that it saves us when we have faith in the One who gave everything for us.

Forgiveness is never easy, but it becomes a cumbersome, loathsome burden upon us if we don't pray to be able to. When we recognize our own need for forgiveness, that is when we can begin to have the humility and willingness to offer this to others.

Thank you for your inspiring, uplifting post!

Debra said...

Here’s the thing I’ve been working on. When I’m struggling to forgive (which seems to be quite often lately) I first do it by an act of will. Then ask for grace to forgive from the heart. Recently I actually found grace to pray from the heart that God would forgive those who had wounded me – a major feat for me! From there I ask him to help me remove the beam from my own eye.
I heart God’s description of love. Thanks!

Jessica M said...

Our human capacity can make it very difficult to forgive others. Sometimes it is a process. And oftentimes forgiving ourselves is our greatest challenge. I'm not sure about anybody else but I am more apt to forgive others for their faults and shortcomings but am much more critical about my own.

Thank God for His continual presence, even in those moments when our faith seems to run dry and there are so many things we seem to not be able to understand or fully comprehend. I'm so thankful we have a God full of grace, mercy and is there to light our pathways towards reconciliation.

Great post. I think this is an area where most of us can identify.