Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Leaning Tower of...

The Leaning Tower of Pisa is the freestanding bell tower, of the cathedral of the Italian city of Pisa. It is the third oldest structure in Pisa's Cathedral Square. Although intended to stand vertically, the tower began leaning to the southeast soon after the onset of construction in 1173 due to a poorly laid foundation.
Ephesians 2:20, “…built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone.” God is building a house for Himself that is comprised of all His saints through the ages. If my knowledge of God is based on what has been built before me by the apostles and prophets; then I am building a foundation for others who will come behind me; particularly my family. My family will continue to build on what has been built by me. I must take the necessary steps in my own life to build a sturdy foundation for my family. When I prepare myself in the daily disciplines: prayer, Bible reading, and worship, then God will dwell in my midst and a strong foundation will ensue and my children can continue building strong foundations for future generations to come…

1 comment:

Eddie Taylor said...

Good thoughts. Like the unseen foundations of the Tower, what we are leaving is unseen to start with...at least to the natural, naked eye. Discipleship is as much caught as taught. Just like you, I pray that what I am depositing around me is firm and not "leaning". Thanks for the reminder!